ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor Gone?

Lest we forget about another incoming stud OT, Trevor Lauck who had some pretty salty offers as well. Sure, he's not a Top 10 kid overall but wants to be a Hawk, is a dominating HS OT and is 6'6 290 so there's that! Probably won't start Day 1 however he's not chopped liver and when I see a kid from the Midwest spurning OSU and Mich offers to come to Iowa to play OT, I like it!

And, as mentioned I'd guess we will look at the portal pretty hard at the OT position and yes, the one from Kentucky and Stanford are both on the staff's list.
This^^^^^^ The only issue that I have with it is that he waited until the last minute to make the switch and left Iowa hanging out there with needing to find his replacement in the 11th hour. That's a bush league move in my opinion. It really does make me question how dedicated this kid is going to be to working hard and Alabama if things get tough down the road. That said, I wish him the best and hope he's making the right decision for himself. Good luck to him.

Sounds like part of his decision, if we goes to BAMA is based on being able to play. 247 Sports had this quote from him regarding BAMA "They don’t have too many offensive linemen. I think about four or five of them left. Just looking at the depth chart it’s really enticing."

Sounds like part of his decision, if we goes to BAMA is based on being able to play. 247 Sports had this quote from him regarding BAMA "They don’t have too many offensive linemen. I think about four or five of them left. Just looking at the depth chart it’s really enticing."
Has he seen our depth chart??

• Haha
Reactions: iowaathletes
I think once he told them about the Bama visit they were moving on. I think it was Friday when Cade started following the transfer from Stanford. I agree they should have known it was going to be hard to keep him when his family wanted him somewhere else and he was entering a bidding war. It is why I thought they should have been more aggressive earlier in contacting OL transfers. But looking at the actual guys who have gone in there aren't many good options right now. Rouse would be a good pick up though.
If this is the reason this kid made his college decision then this is going to sadly blow up in his face. It's one thing to get a bag full of money, it's another thing to have to live and work in a place that isn't a good fit and that you chose for the money. Adults have a hard time with the stress of a job that they hate that they are doing for the money. Young adults like this, forget about it.

Iowa doesn't do well with players unless they are 100% committed to the program. If the kid isn't 100% committed then good luck wherever you land.

The program is bigger than 1 player and will survive.

Reactions: RCHdude
They have four offensive tackles currently in the league that were drafted in the first round.

Cam Robinson has played on a terrible team. Just signed a 3-year, $54 million extension.

Jedrick Wills made the PFWA All Rookie team in 2020.

Jonah Williams missed his entire rookie season due to shoulder surgery. Has been an above average player this year.

Evan Neal has had a rough rookie year, but he’s 22.

It’s not like these guys are flaming out after being drafted in the later rounds.
[/QUJoe's.

Lindebaum, 1st rnd, 25th pick 4 yrs - $13MM

Piersbacher, 5th rnd, 153rd pick, annual contracts so far thru 4 yrs $1.3MM

1 went to Iowa, 1 from Iowa went to AL.

This is what I'm talking about

A bitter former player? The fact he says it’s “only Iowa fans” is absurd. Let me know when there’s more than just tweets. Until then, there’s no “story”. Its just stuff that happens at literally every school in the country from a small portion of each fan base.

A bitter former player? The fact he says it’s “only Iowa fans” is absurd. Let me know when there’s more than just tweets. Until then, there’s no “story”. Its just stuff that happens at literally every school in the country from a small portion of each fan base.
And on top of that a lot of the people doing it are trolls. Probably don’t have affiliation with any school. Just like to stir things up. I still think a lot of the online abuse athletes get is from people that gambled and lost on a certain game.

Reactions: McLovin32
And on top of that a lot of the people doing it are trolls. Probably don’t have affiliation with any school. Just like to stir things up. I still think a lot of the online abuse athletes get is from people that gambled and lost on a certain game.
Exactly. I know there's a few ISU fan twitter accounts that will pose as Iowa fans when something bad happens. Same with Nebraska fans. I'm also sure there's plenty of Iowa fans that will pose as ISU or Nebby fans and do the same thing.

It happens everywhere. Does it look bad? Absolutely. But it's the internet. People hide behind screen names and do ridiculous things. It's not solely a "Hawkeye fan" thing. Which is all I've been trying to say on here.

No shit,.. Good thing Proctor is going to associate himself with a Crimson Tide fan base that only poisons 100 year old trees on their primary rival's campus instead of this bat shit crazy Iowa Hawkeye fan base,.. We are terrible.

Also, let's not forget some of the things said by Wisky fans about Graham Mertz when he announced he was transferring. It was not pretty. Some folks wishing death upon him on twitter.

I posted this in another thread. According to 247 Bama has committments from the #'s 8, 15 and 18 offensive tackles for 23. I know KP is #3, but, it isn't like he isn't going to have competition.

I posted this in another thread. According to 247 Bama has committments from the #'s 8, 15 and 18 offensive tackles for 23. I know KP is #3, but, it isn't like he isn't going to have competition.
Plus the guys they already have there. They have guys transferring out that were 4 and 5 stars. It is a dog eat dog world there. If you aren't producing, you are gone.

And they have the number 1 tackle from 2022 who had been injured and will be pushing for a starting spot as well. It’s a cutthroat business.

And they have the number 1 tackle from 2022 who had been injured and will be pushing for a starting spot as well. It’s a cutthroat business.
Besides getting 4/5* every year I'm sure they won't be afraid to bring in one of the top transfer Ts on the market too if need be. We saw that last season they brought in the top RB in the portal from GT and played him over all the other highly ranked rbs on their roster.

A couple of the Alabama related twitter accounts just posted this in the past few minutes
Fkc6TeCXwAAtbql

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT