ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa (6-0) @ UVA (5-2) Game Thread****

I don't understand why we didn't hold out for final shot. I'd much rather the offense win or lose the game at the end.

I'll take a win either way though :D.
I thought I heard the announcers say that Murray had only made 1 shot all season before this game. Same with the Gardner guy earlier in the half that hit 2 3s, that was his first attempts made all year. Scouting report says they aren't a primary threat from 3, therefore, they get more open looks.

I seem to recall someone posting that they didn't want Joe out there to end the game.

Oh, and who the hell posted about Virginia not hitting any 3's this year?
They haven't shot the ball very well from 3 this year until the 2nd half tonight. First half Iowa was more aggressive on the defensive end and Virginia had to take more contested shots. In the 2nd half they guarded like they have in the past and gave up uncontested 3's..

I thought I heard the announcers say that Murray had only made 1 shot all season before this game. Same with the Gardner guy earlier in the half that hit 2 3s, that was his first attempts made all year. Scouting report says they aren't a primary threat from 3, therefore, they get more open looks.
Ok?

That I can get...youre saying Fran probably wanted the last shot and Joet mistake forced him to shoot. Clearly the plan wasn't have him shoot....I'd hope lol

He wasn’t the first option and he took a good shot. He makes those shots often. If he passes it out to reset the offense Iowa likely puts up a desperation last second shot that doesn’t go in. Joe had a game tonight that should give him a lot of confidence going forward.

Our zone gave them open 3s.
They made 78percent in the 2nd half.
Not surprised they rallied but we did not fold...lil Joe came thru to save the day!
Along w his roommate PMac.

Patrick with the game saving block.
What was awesome is that it looked like VA was going to get a put back win at buzzer,
and the next thing is the ball is hammered into the VA bench…

the last 2 turns of fate in the last 2 tenths of a seconds of the game.

and the there was a moment of silence as the VA fans tried to reconcile in their minds what They had just seen, as they watched the ball bouncing away…

priceless

That game winner is Joey T's best shot, and a shot he usually makes. Great at getting inside and getting that little jumper. You don't overlook such a close and easy shot at that part of the game. Gotta think your boys can play 7 seconds of good defense.

He wasn’t the first option and he took a good shot. He makes those shots often. If he passes it out to reset the offense Iowa likely puts up a desperation last second shot that doesn’t go in. Joe had a game tonight that should give him a lot of confidence going forward.
He had no choice but to shoot there. I understand.

I'm just wondering if the plan was to shoot early. The announcer said it would be wise but Im not so sure.

A win is a win.....
aPk9XtClpmHwmET8Ga-tXST6Xw6nhVbWqO5ZZowfjgYhOlvbEeBXX7c9EO6Vwwxc7PxyONG5VoL01y_K9NhYGMUa95_tsZLktwrfzonTEHDv-Af4pJC255_JL7MFFbTYU2wXX9Bpr4s

It was also a good shot because Rebraca was under the hoop against one of UVA’s guards while the bigs were sucked out covering him. High chance of an offensive rebound even if he missed. Really great game from Toussaint all around

They won't call that lol

That Rebound over the back by UVA

gardner is not a 3pt shooter and he was 2/2. uva murray is obviously a shooter---but he had apparently only made 1 before the season. No reason to leave him wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT