ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa (6-0) @ UVA (5-2) Game Thread****

He had no choice but to shoot there. I understand.

I'm just wondering if the plan was to shoot early. The announcer said it would be wise but Im not so sure.
You know, if I'm the coach I tell a player that if you have the shot and you know you will make it, take the points. Sure, it leaves you vulnerable to a last second shot from the other team, but you are playing defense and forcing them to make a play.

You know, if I'm the coach I tell a player that if you have the shot and you know you will make it, take the points. Sure, it leaves you vulnerable to a last second shot from the other team, but you are playing defense and forcing them to make a play.
Good point

Iowa struggling down the stretch and find a way to win against a very tough UVA. This team could be very fun to watch assuming everyone stays healthy. Good win tonight Hawks!!
Staying healthy is a big if. Keagan's ankle injury could be serious.

Don't you dare say "we". You didn't play a minute.

The Iowa players on the team played their hearts out and deserved to win. And they won.
Oh you got me! The team on the floor didn't deserve to win. I'm glad they won but they gave up a 21 point lead in the second half. That is reality.

• Haha
Reactions: perryhawk
Don't understand this sentiment. Just how did we not deserve to win. We kicked the crap out of Virginia on their court the first half. They spent the rest of the game playing catch up. We fought them off and finally won a game on a last second shot and we didn't deserve to win??
I agree, we lost the lead 3? times and came back to win with 16 seconds left. Huge shot by Joe T. and bigger block by PMac.

Oh you got me! The team on the floor didn't deserve to win. I'm glad they won but they gave up a 21 point lead in the second half. That is reality.
It was a 14 point lead to start the second half, that is the reality. They had a 21 point lead at one point in the first half. Iowa played like a young team in the second half still learning their rolls and thinking the game was over at half.

It was a 14 point lead to start the second half, that is the reality. They had a 21 point lead at one point in the first half. Iowa played like a young team in the second half still learning their rolls and thinking the game was over at half.
They are in no way, however, a young team.

That was shit, hands under ass cheeks, coaching at the end of the first half and throughout the second.

Are you, though? Glad? The team didn’t deserve to win? Totally asinine opinion - which you are entitled to have, of course, and which the rest of us are entitled to mercilessly mock. Didn’t deserve to win…just sad, sad, sad…so you’re going on “ignore” cuz that pathetic worldview is too depressing…buh-bye debbie downer

Are you, though? Glad? The team didn’t deserve to win? Totally asinine opinion - which you are entitled to have, of course, and which the rest of us are entitled to mercilessly mock. Didn’t deserve to win…just sad, sad, sad…so you’re going on “ignore” cuz that pathetic worldview is too depressing…buh-bye debbie downer
You don't deserve to block him!

Well, they're an old team so they should stop that.

You sure read a lot into a little don't you? We stopped playing any sort of defense and the offense was not good. Settled for a lot of bad shots. Virginia had our number and we escaped. Joe's last shot was also not great. He trapped himself and was lucky to get the shot off at all. Glad it went in.

We have a lot to clean up for Big Ten play. Not going to be able to rely on Keegan running by people or jbo hitting threes the way he did tonight. Our interior defense and rebounding are weak

You sure read a lot into a little don't you? We stopped playing any sort of defense and the offense was not good. Settled for a lot of bad shots. Virginia had our number and we escaped. Joe's last shot was also not great. He trapped himself and was lucky to get the shot off at all. Glad it went in.

We have a lot to clean up for Big Ten play. Not going to be able to rely on Keegan running by people or jbo hitting threes the way he did tonight. Our interior defense and rebounding are weak
I'm sorry, but this is a shit ass post.

This Iowa team just went on the road to one of the toughest places to play IN THE COUNTRY and won.

Period.

Be better at basketball knowledge.

I'm sorry, but this is a shit ass post.

This Iowa team just went on the road to one of the toughest places to play IN THE COUNTRY and won.

Period.

Be better at basketball knowledge.
Absolutely a GREAT win. They could have folded with a few minutes to play when Virginia took the lead. Instead, Iowa battled and fought and won with a hostile crowd going crazy.

I am extremely impressed with their performance tonight! That could be a win that gets you into the tourney at the end of the season.

Absolutely a GREAT win. They could have folded with a few minutes to play when Virginia took the lead. Instead, Iowa battled and fought and won with a hostile crowd going crazy.

I am extremely impressed with their performance tonight! That could be a win that gets you into the tourney at the end of the season.
Right. What's shocking to me is how many ITT don't get it.

Up to now, we have played nobody. This team has little to no experience in crunch time in a hostile environment, AND THEY CAME THROUGH! That, imo, should be the only thing to take from this game.

Right. What's shocking to me is how many ITT don't get it.

Up to now, we have played nobody. This team has little to no experience in crunch time in a hostile environment, AND THEY CAME THROUGH! That, imo, should be the only thing to take from this game.
EXACTLY.

Do not question any coaching/personnel decisions. Never question coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: perryhawk
Iowa also got the 21 point lead and scored the most points in the first half against a Tony Bennett-coached VA team. Yeah, that is something. AND Iowa held VA to 30 points in the first half. AND Iowa came back to beat VA on their home floor even through Iowa was down under 20 seconds.
THAT is reality.
WTF IS your problem? Iowa is a VERY young team that NOONE expected to be at this point so early in the season. Enjoy the ride IF you are a fan, otherwise screw yourself.

Iowa also got the 21 point lead and scored the most points in the first half against a Tony Bennett-coached VA team. Yeah, that is something. AND Iowa held VA to 30 points in the first half. AND Iowa came back to beat VA on their home floor even through Iowa was down under 20 seconds.
THAT is reality.
WTF IS your problem? Iowa is a VERY young team that NOONE expected to be at this point so early in the season. Enjoy the ride IF you are a fan, otherwise screw yourself.
We are not a very young team. You seem very sensitive about the idea that our team was giving the game away in the second half with poor play and poor decisions. A 21 point lead isn't something that just goes away

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT