ADVERTISEMENT

*****Michigan vs Iowa 🏆 Game Thread*****

The odds may be stacked against us. But seeing the media laugh at the team and sports fans everywhere mock them by saying that they aren't scoring a single point, I want the team to win for themselves. So people can at least give them respect. Because these guys have fought tooth and nail all year against all the odds.

Doesn't matter what happens tonight, the guys should be proud of how far they've come. And nothing the media or shithead Michigan fans say will change the fact that it's always great to be a Hawkeye.

7pm FOX
Mich -22
O/U 34-5

What a long strange trip it’s been to get here. Comparing the teams stats is hilarious. There isn’t a single area favoring Iowa outside of punting average 😂

GjnNF8k.jpg

I’ve ran this game in my head dozens of times I can’t think of a path to an Iowa victory without a complete Michigan collapse, I’m talking 4+ turnovers, 5+ dropped passes and 10+ penalties.

I hope I’m wrong but it’s going to be a 31-3 type beatdown.

Go hawks!
Okay, I don't get the points ranking at all. This says M giving up 10 points a game is 89th, and Iowa giving up 12 points/game is 111th? What? There is NO WAY thats possible. Both are in the top 10 in the P5 in points allowed.

Just a FYI...

There is some buzz that Will Johnson, Michigan's best CB/DB, is out today (he got hurt at the end of the tOSU game). If that is the case it probably changes the way we play you.

Sainristril likely moves down from nickel to fill the traditional CB spot. At nickel we move him around a lot and just let him make plays. The guy that likely replaces him at nickel has played some (and not just garbage time) but doesn't have even close to the experience. Thus we probably play him more straight up.

P.S.
I'm not trying to compare the impact of losing our guy and you losing yours...just giving you info
It’s ok

Iowa doesn’t scheme on what an opponent does. Only what Iowa does. You could have your entire secondary out, and Iowa will still scheme 50/50 run - pass

Just a FYI...

There is some buzz that Will Johnson, Michigan's best CB/DB, is out today (he got hurt at the end of the tOSU game). If that is the case it probably changes the way we play you.

Sainristril likely moves down from nickel to fill the traditional CB spot. At nickel we move him around a lot and just let him make plays. The guy that likely replaces him at nickel has played some (and not just garbage time) but doesn't have even close to the experience. Thus we probably play him more straight up.

P.S.
I'm not trying to compare the impact of losing our guy and you losing yours...just giving you info
Thanks for the tip and being classy. The Michigan DBs probably don’t have much to worry about tonight, other than broken fingers from errant Deacon Hill throws. Cover the TEs and you’ll be fine.

It’s ok

Iowa doesn’t scheme on what an opponent does. Only what Iowa does. You could have your entire secondary out, and Iowa will still scheme 50/50 run - pass
Yep, doubtful that Brian is coming up with a different game plan if a DB might be out

Reactions: Bishop-71
IF the Hawks pull off the major upset tonight, its chips & salsa the rest of the weekend boyz and girls!!

Reactions: Bishop-71
.... But sadly, I expect 'll probably be ready to find something else to do/watch by halftime - if not sooner.

:(

Reactions: QChawks
The odds may be stacked against us. But seeing the media laugh at the team and sports fans everywhere mock them by saying that they aren't scoring a single point, I want the team to win for themselves. So people can at least give them respect. Because these guys have fought tooth and nail all year against all the odds.

Doesn't matter what happens tonight, the guys should be proud of how far they've come. And nothing the media or shithead Michigan fans say will change the fact that it's always great to be a Hawkeye.
Post of the year.

Reactions: 2D_
I'm going to a game party in one of my buddies million dollar pole building ( farm write off ) and won't be able to post in real time, so I'll do all my posting right now and maybe my house flipping partner @Moral could quote and insert them at the appropriate times, I'd greatly appreciate it...

1. Let's go Hawks
2. Defer? WTF?
3. Damn! We miss Cooper.
4. Oh shite, how was that pass interference?
5. Did Castro just kill that guy?
6. Come on Harris...
7. Nice to see Stevens hit a 50 yarder
8. Why not just punt on second down there?
9. Nice play call Brian!
10. Welp those Christmas light aren't going to hang themselves...
11. Rematch of Iowa vs. Iowa State in the Humanitarian Bowl! WTF?
You forgot "Touchdown Iowa" 3 times.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Yep, doubtful that Brian is coming up with a different game plan if a DB might be out
The issue is it might change the way we play you. If you watched the Umich/tOSU game he was the smaller guy that smacked the bigger Travion Henderson on the pass out of the backfield. While he doesn't look physically imposing he is so quick that he can explode on you and hit like a safety.

It's his quickness and experience that allows us to do some different things with him (and the coaches have a trust with him to make decisions). Umich often has him attack the LOS, from the nickel spot, where he blows up screens (returned one for a TD vs. Rutgers), take on stretch plays, blitz, etc. If we move him out to traditional corner (likely) he won't be able to do that (much). The guy that would replace him at nickel will be good next year, but, he doesn't have the experience to be near as good at recognizing when to attack the LOS or drop into coverage...I expect they might have blitz package for him but most of the time just have him drop into coverage.

I just hope all of the players have fun and make good memories inspite of the fact that this game is starting ridiculously late and they will probably be thinking about bed.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Injury report is out...our starting center is listed as questionable...he's 1st All B10 so not only would we lose the guy making the OL calls and snapping the ball...but the best OC in the B10...guess we are catching up on the injury front?

It would also mean that technically Michigan would be up 3-1 on 1st team All B10 players...but we can call it 3-2 as there is little to no doubt Lachey would have been 1st team if he played most of the season...

And ftr...this is in now way shape or form a competition I want Michigan to win...hoping for an injury free game on both sides

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT