ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor Gone?

Yep, big parental influence going on. Actually feel bad for him in a way. I would hate it if my parents were trying to influence my decision on where i should go. I think the best thing to do is to be there for advice and support and let them choose their own path.
Partially agree but oftentimes the parents are going to make a better decision than a 17 year old kid.

They shouldn't be stipulating to him where he's going but their input might be the best thing the kid has going for him assuming they aren't idiots.

Yep, big parental influence going on. Actually feel bad for him in a way. I would hate it if my parents were trying to influence my decision on where i should go. I think the best thing to do is to be there for advice and support and let them choose their own path.
Agreed. Its not like he had a "bad" option on the table so he is going to be just fine.

If he really texted the staff and wasn't man enough to talk to them about it, that speaks volumes.

Proctor gone

no-shits.gif

I see all the crystal ball forecasts are now for Bama, however his pinned Twitter Tweet that he posted in June still has him committed to Iowa. I personally think he is Bama bound now, and if he has known that he should have changed or taken down his tweet and gave Iowa coaches the news already. This is past the 11th hour so if he has indeed decided to commit to Bama he should have made it known. I know he doesn't owe Iowa anything, but to wait till the signing period to flip would be a shitty thing to do, especially since he gave Iowa NO time to get in on several Portal Tackles. But if he signs with Bama, so be it, I will stop following him, just as I did with Ross Pierschbacher when he flipped from Iowa to Bama, of course, Ross did it before the Transfer portal days, but early enough so Iowa had time to look for other Tackles.

Is it possible at this point that he told the coaches what bama offered and now the Swarm guys are trying to put together a counter?

Yeah, pretty bad losing this recruit with how much Iowa makes every year.

You know that Iowa can’t give money to players, right?

Iowa staff had to have some indication this was going to happen a while ago, right?

I mean, I did as soon as I heard he was visiting another school, i.e. when this thread started over a month ago.

I can't imagine they didn't see this coming before then.

To some extent it depends on what he told them after the Oregon visit, and/if he was honest with them. If he tells them he’s just enjoying the process, he’s still good with them, what are they supposed to do?

Recruiting is and always has been the worst part of coaching imo - even prior to NIL you could never feel 100% until they faxed in the LOI, but it’s 1000x worse now.

Reactions: hawktech
Is it possible at this point that he told the coaches what bama offered and now the Swarm guys are trying to put together a counter?

To some extent it depends on what he told them after the Oregon visit, and/if he was honest with them. If he tells them he’s just enjoying the process, he’s still good with them, what are they supposed to do?

Recruiting is and always has been the worst part of coaching imo - even prior to NIL you could never feel 100% until they faxed in the LOI, but it’s 1000x worse now.
Lol the swarm guy tweeted and deleted like 2 hours ago something like “looks like we have a lot more money freed up”

Yeah, he could have notified the coaching staff, and we probably will never know.

One I wouldn't be shocked if in back of his mind he was thinking of leaving for Bama and he used the Oregon visit to leverage more $ out of Bama. Two be a man and make a phone call if you are going to decommit. Lastly it will be funny if he gets paid all this $ to end up just riding the bench. Because it isn't like Bama didn't have a bunch of 4/5* players last few years or won't be getting anymore the following season. No given he starts or plays there.

Some thing to keep an eye on with NIL in a year or 2 will be seeing kids who don't live up to they hype of their rating or is injured and is not contributing on the field but still making a boat load of cash. Does that kid leave for a place he can play or stay and keep collecting his cash while not seeing the field?

I heard he’s actually doing this to Fock with Alabama. Come Wednesday he’s sending in his letter to Iowa. Just getting their hopes up
I’ve heard he’s actually insisted he’s not to suck up a scholarship, and that is actually going to contribute to the Swarm himself!

*I can’t believe I had to think about italicizing that for some of you.

The more I see and hear, If I was Kadyn, the further away from mom I can get…….the better. He made a good decision.
You're hearing it from people on a message board who have no idea what they are talking about. They are just throwing shit against the wall, and people want to believe whatever feels good. It's like a junior high in here.

Lol the swarm guy tweeted and deleted like 2 hours ago something like “looks like we have a lot more money freed up”
well clearly I don’t follow every single person on Twitter like some.

just seems like lots of smoke and rumors and not much concrete information on this. Why take down the tweet?

I'll say it again. Im sure he got much more than a million for playing at Alabama. Congratulations to a high school kid becoming a millionaire. It sucks he won't be a hawkeye and i may have had a rough night last night but kadyn is trying to what is best for his life. I wish him well although i do despise Alabama for quite awhile now.

well clearly I don’t follow every single person on Twitter like some.

just seems like lots of smoke and rumors and not much concrete information on this. Why take down the tweet?
bc someone prob told him it was unprofessional? He also tweeted something last night and deleted it immediately. NGL, even when frustrated it was a bad PR look.

I'll say it again. Im sure he got much more than a million for playing at Alabama. Congratulations to a high school kid becoming a millionaire. It sucks he won't be a hawkeye and i may have had a rough night last night but kadyn is trying to what is best for his life. I wish him well although i do despise Alabama for quite awhile now.
You just now got there with Alabama?

Has anyone heard for fact "he's gone"?

For me, the only credible source is Proctor, & I haven't read or heard anything from him.
All just speculation but as soon as he took that Oregon visit I was like "HE GONNNNNNNE" I think it's pretty likely he isn't going to be a Hawkeye.

Well, as a distraction do yourself a favor and watch Washington's highlights, this is a '23 HS kid as well who visited and is expected to commit soon.

I can see why Purdue wanted him, has Rondale Moore like moves...slot, outside, backfield, QB, you name it. Nobody on the roster IMO has these moves, well, unless Cooper was playing offense! Even then he has a bunch of talent, we need him!

All just speculation but as soon as he took that Oregon visit I was like "HE GONNNNNNNE" I think it's pretty likely he isn't going to be a Hawkeye.
Signing day is coming and thos thread can finally die. We'll also know for sure but i get the feeling he's Alabama bound. I despise Alabama but happy kadyn is getting paid wherever he lands. He's worked hard to be where he's at and has a lot more hard work in front of him. I just really wanted him/ want him to be a hawkeye. I can't root for Alabama but i do hope he avoids any injuries. And misses the cfp but thats an Alabama wish.

Reactions: Iron Doc
I understand Alabama from a winning College football perspective, but they haven’t exactly been a juggernaut for OL. They only have one OL in the NFL now that has even received a Pro-Bowl nod (Ryan Kelly). I’d put Wirfs, Linderbaum, and Scherff up against any OL they’ve put into the NFL the past 7 or so years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT