ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor Gone?

Tells ya how "attached" he was to committing to Iowa.

One could even argue that his verbal to Iowa was just a way of leveraging more money from the bigger programs.

/devil's advocate ;)
As the football season progressed it became evident that Iowa needed Kadyn badly with the offensive line play. He was probably not going to get more NIL money from iowa. He probably got a lot more at Bama.

Don't burn bridges with the recruit. If he goes to Alabama and it doesn't work out, you'll still be in play come transfer-portal time. These last minute flips happen all of the time. One O-lineman is not going to make or break a class. It hurts and it sucks when it happens to your team, but if he really did get offered $2MM+ by Alabama, he should flip. 100%.

Coaches do this to fringe players frequently as it gets close to signing day. It doesn't create as much of a stir because it usually involves a a 2 or 3-star player who might have been a stretch commit for a team. When someone better comes along, they'll discard the commit or make him greyshirt. It's not right, but it happens a lot. There's nothing honorable about college football recruiting. NIL just ratchets up things even more.

Could be kadyn played an excellent game of making the most nil money he could. Turning down 2 mill and then going to Alabama on the last opportunity they had. If so I'm impressed. I'd love to know the nil offer he got though. I bet it easc3 mil ot close to it. Either way congratulations on becoming a millionaire while still in highschool! Not often does that chance come along every day.

Don't burn bridges with the recruit. If he goes to Alabama and it doesn't work out, you'll still be in play come transfer-portal time. These last minute flips happen all of the time. One O-lineman is not going to make or break a class. It hurts and it sucks when it happens to your team, but if he really did get offered $2MM+ by Alabama, he should flip. 100%.

Coaches do this to fringe players frequently as it gets close to signing day. It doesn't create as much of a stir because it usually involves a a 2 or 3-star player who might have been a stretch commit for a team. When someone better comes along, they'll discard the commit or make him greyshirt. It's not right, but it happens a lot. There's nothing honorable about college football recruiting. NIL just ratchets up things even more.
I think it is the other way around. He burned bridges with Iowa.

From what I have heard, this might be the bigger factor.
Yep, big parental influence going on. Actually feel bad for him in a way. I would hate it if my parents were trying to influence my decision on where i should go. I think the best thing to do is to be there for advice and support and let them choose their own path.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I submit this as Exhibit A - the fact we are nearly on page 40 of this thread - of how stupid NIL is and how much it will decrease the enjoyment of the college football. Dumb!
This isn't going to last in it's current form. There's either going to be something major that happens as the catalyst for regulation to come in or coaches are going to get together and form an alliance to force reform.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT