ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor Gone?

This. I don’t wish this kid any ill will, I hope he finds what he’s looking for. I actually feel bad for him, what an immense amount of pressure for someone that age. But I don’t want the Hawks to outbid someone. Damages the locker room, everyone looking at him walking in with that kind of money.

At the end of the day, he and his family have to decide what’s best for them. We all would have to do the same with our family. That being said, this was handled very poorly. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad kid, or doesn’t mean that the people around him are bad people. They just didn’t handle it well. it is what it is.
I agree for the most part outside of how it was handled. These things are fluid so I can't fault Proctor for taking that amount of money to go to the perennial top cfb team. I personally could never live in Alabama, but $2M might change my mind.

I also can't imagine what getting $2M would be like at 18 years old. I can certainly see it being destructive to a kid.

And Proctor wouldn’t have fixed any of that, anyway. I’m not saying I agree with all you wrote, but Proctor wouldn’t have fixed the entire OL the same as Linderbaum couldn’t (or any of the other issues).

I will say the only reason Brian is still at Iowa is because Daddy is coach and that there is no way he should be OC/quarterback coach in 2023. I’ll leave it at that.
This, he wasn't a savior. They can find good enough OL. The biggest issue is scheme, lack of WR talent and QB. They addressed one of those issues. Getting one OT who could have started but wasn't guaranteed to start isnt' going to make or break the team next year especially as a true freshman.

Reactions: MitchLL
He wasn't whining about it. He was rallying the boosters.
WEll, he was whining. Which is why has been working with Tuberville and others on drawing up a federal law regarding NIL. But he knows that while it is in place he has to do the best he can with it.

Reactions: HawkGem10
If you’re a HS football player and have a legitimate committable offer from Alabama, Georgia, etc…..you ****ing take it. Some of you are out of your minds.
Georgia but not Alabama. Why anyone would want to live in Alabama is beyond me. That state is comparable to a third world country.

Can't blame him for wanting to go compete for National Championships.

Can't blame him for wanting more money for his play.

Can't blame him for not wanting to play for a dysfunctional system.

But you CAN blame him for the timing of it all. Decommitting two days before signing day, after telling Iowa staff that you were still committed, is a disrespectful move. End of story.

If he had committed to Alabama originally, not a big deal. If he had decommitted back in October, it would have stung but still we would have had time to recruit other guys or hit the portal. Doing this two days before signing day leaves Iowa completely in the lurch. This is, by the far, the flakiest way a high school kid could have handled a recruitment.

All this speculation is just stupid. He still has his Iowa verbal commitment pinned on his page.

Do we have anything official yet or is this primarily based on speculation at the moment?

Reactions: Footbol
Text versus a verbal call is not exactly professional. Own your choice but to send a text is being a candy a$$
Especially after presumably having a very close relationship with the coaches that have recruited you for the better part of the last three years. I can’t imagine being that big of a pussy and then being responsible for $2 million and making good decisions with it. Again, I hope it’s not true he sent them a casual text message. They’re not some passing hoe he swiped right on two weeks ago.

Of course he's going to follow the money. For all we know, this could be the last time he's able to cash in. I'd do the same thing.

I still hate it, dont like we're behind the curve compared to other teams, and just like college sports a little less now, which kinda sucks.. but it is what it is

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Especially after presumably having a very close relationship with the coaches that have recruited you for the better part of the last three years. I can’t imagine being that big of a pussy and then being responsible for $2 million and making good decisions with it. Again, I hope it’s not true he sent them a casual text message. They’re not some passing hoe he swiped right on two weeks ago.
Also this is when a parent, mentors the kid.

If bama paid him over 2 Mil , i say goodbye and good riddens greedy kid and parents. Iowa will never see another top rated kid again because of this nil crap! Time to stop watching college sports, this has ruined it IMO because Iowa will never "nor it should" pay that amount of BS money! This is insane and someone needs to say enough is enough !
Well said. I agree completely. I think a lot of fans feel the same way.

He texted the coaches last night that he was going to Alabama. It is a fact not a guess. Iowa is scrambling now to find some offensive tackles through the transfer portal.

Good luck with that. It's not a strong transfer class for tackles and most mid year enrollees have most of the process wrapped up or in the finishing stages due to the dead period and closeness to mid year enrollment deadlines

Its nice to know that Alabama beat us over the table instead of under it lol.

Saban won this recruitment because he didn’t have his head buried in the sand about NIL. Ever since his comments in the offseason about TX A&M he’s been working the big time donors over to get them donating to the collective and making them see that part is the most important competitive piece of CFB. My guess is that Alabama will be on the cutting edge of NIL - the next phase being how much stadium revenue can they legally send to the collective.

One last thing - if the $3 million is true, they almost certainly broke the bank on one player. Alabama is not a particularly rich school. Not sure how smart that is with as many 5 stars they have in that program and especially with the transfer window in full force.
Back when Jimbo vs. Saban were dueling last offseason, a bunch of people (national media, posters on here, etc) thought this was Saban whining. I posted at the time, he isn’t whining, he was warning everyone. “I don’t want it to go like this, but if I have to find a new way to wreck everyone, I will.”

Texas A&M inked the best recruiting class ever last year. That distinction is going to last for all of one year. I don’t think, at heart, Saban thinks this is the way to do things (using NIL to buy recruits). But if he has to do it, then he will. And boy, is he ever. This Bama class is likely to reset the bar for best class ever.

Reactions: mikesright
Of course he's going to follow the money. For all we know, this could be the last time he's able to cash in. I'd do the same thing.

I still hate it, dont like we're behind the curve compared to other teams, and just like college sports a little less now, which kinda sucks.. but it is what it is

That's great money to begin adulthood with. And it's not like he's sacrificing anything by skipping out on Iowa. He's get just as good or better coaching, top notch facilities, and will compete for national championships. You never know when your football career may come to an end. Strike while the iron is hot.

Two weeks before he committed to Iowa. Saban showing off his hardware.....
FVUeIV8XEAQVcZO
Iowa’s chances were over as soon as Saban pulled out all the Forest Gump memorabilia

• Haha
Reactions: iowaathletes
I see all the crystal ball forecasts are now for Bama, however his pinned Twitter Tweet that he posted in June still has him committed to Iowa. I personally think he is Bama bound now, and if he has known that he should have changed or taken down his tweet and gave Iowa coaches the news already. This is past the 11th hour so if he has indeed decided to commit to Bama he should have made it known. I know he doesn't owe Iowa anything, but to wait till the signing period to flip would be a shitty thing to do, especially since he gave Iowa NO time to get in on several Portal Tackles. But if he signs with Bama, so be it, I will stop following him, just as I did with Ross Pierschbacher when he flipped from Iowa to Bama, of course, Ross did it before the Transfer portal days, but early enough so Iowa had time to look for other Tackles.

The crystal ball predictions are going 83% Alabama now. To be honest it would suck but I'm too old to waste time worrying about it if he wants to go to Bama , however if he was planning on Flipping he should have gave the coaching staff a few weeks notice so they could have looked hard into the transfer portal for a tackle.
He thought that if Charley Jones can transfer at the last moment I can too.

I don't pretend to know what KP's motivation was or if in fact he has flipped. The "2million or 2.5 million" narrative is like middle-school rumormongering. A lot of people talking out of their sphincters.
To hear some fans talk, you’d think we had never lost a recruit before NIL came along.

Reactions: mikesright
No she asked me to tell you to pay your child support. I want to know how much you chipped in for Proctor?

Honestly, head of SWARM should be shit canned for not raising enough to keep the best in state recruit Iowa's ever had.

Yeah, pretty bad losing this recruit with how much Iowa makes every year.

Only thing upsetting about KP is how he’s playing the Iowa fans right up until the final minute instead of just manning up and officially opening his recruitment back up. Don’t remain “committed” if you truly aren’t. It’s hypocritical and cruel.

Also, here’s to Saban having a massive stroke soon (sorry, not sorry) and Alabama heading back to mediocrity like they were before he got there. Time for them as a dominant program to exit stage left.
He texted the staff last night to notify them of his decomitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT