ADVERTISEMENT

*****Maryland vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Freeman is athletic. Dix is athletic.

Pmac, Krikke, Payton Sandfort are three of the worse defenders you will ever see.
When Dix turned the shooter over to PS on what wasn't even a good screen that was the ball game. PS can't guard anybody with the ball off the dribble, and certainly not that guy,

Too bad Brain wasn’t in game as he would’ve contested that,
instead everyone watched young go in for an uncontested layup

Freeman would have contested that....but you gotta keep him in the game. Fran needs to help Freeman with more double teams instead of putting Freeman on an island. Freeman needs to be smarter...watch some film...those touch fouls he is getting called for are so weak they are total waste.

I agree Braun should have been in for defense. Krikke at the post is waiving white flag on anthing in lane and Sandfort trying to stick with a guard on a switch was a disaster.

Reactions: kceasthawk and KcTo
Only two younger players that are decent right now are Freeman and Dix with Dembele showing promise at times. Not sure why Harding got so many minutes towards the end of the second half, his shot is brutallly bad and too small on d.

bad, bad loss
Honestly, Maryland beat Illini, lost at NW, beat Iowa. Iowa is not a good team. Maryland beat iowa at their own game - offense is better than defense at the end of the game.

It’s time for a new regime at Iowa with Darren Devries at Iowa winning games, league championships, and NCAA games in the first and second rounds.

When Dix turned the shooter over to PS on what wasn't even a good screen that was the ball game. PS can't guard anybody with the ball off the dribble, and certainly not that guy,

Pitful effort by Sandfort, but he's so slow, I guess I can't blame him but he needs to use his body and make better effort

Fran had timeouts....he couldn't come up with a better defensive lineup than Krikke at center and Payton at PF

Honestly, Maryland beat Illini, lost at NW, beat Iowa. Iowa is not a good team. Maryland beat iowa at their own game - offense is better than defense at the end of the game.

It’s time for a new regime at Iowa with Darren Devries at Iowa winning games, league championships, and NCAA games in the first and second rounds.
I agree. It's time for a new era.

Dix got picked....Good play setup by Maryland coach....Fran doesn't know defense.
But he has an actual book on Amazon
ABLVV87mnXMSVhXBceAd9DEJ_kn1TbsyLplGPeyxZu4ZW7Y70AeQLWuzpgpLE2OQNfr-FgKnsPxeO5_VA6ucmYjNEEGNr5odBtahpntTFRZHhd4Ljc1fAY1EsObBbx0SKi7py_FOknx1cfACGmVmu97DtuEk1iXm9cyIlQfM6mma2ba4qZMkUc0awKy84VCIIKs1wUjWoBx2Gs4AbR4W-jNLBM_wKQKMKOMOz25tB9PmqivXosdlwlE7dJz1Hi1tSiRSL1x4NV786D1zIrSPcfLvYjCCoccHJuCUJtHweDRVvd8UQtmXm763PSl2tPt6NGkuMb7HnRULplEQNoTtfUFW7irXwxr9wAZMbNpnIPyMqae4q4ga6UQ0_-fXn9Uo_SWo_T-RILOnVw9qzMz02OebhCbVQBlBDs3igtinHTCMFoPZ3fsDK7uBd74MK_S_QO7amzIMarFgFWPUAlbmj6M01DA01rpPvxzhIwB7nVezr6jiKTV22pCVGAgqO-KSnS6tPVKmEhYuumgdyyCHe0NLtbQvPoITGNn0DHC23H3efNxUz9mI8ep6mnC6r2kobVm5o88mJ_7NcV-fShgmC2Jy_8_j-MG7RYEOaVKXOtQuQ_UuaMSEiUfK__jvCkOhmgdCdrMIi3qcNmel2f-038M2Fa630Z28DpLAQ20lOLAdYG47WgOotIcMcbCjUo5Luv5Z2O6ESK53U_mBQ7Y2A2XOiBGqv1JEVbkvgDiqegTrewNy7-dbaD2FnKLmmfEc7QHHm8vlYMFzGP-jt_82tbHEATIrljB7Ws6SwBMc5IwJQWr2WzJ6EtL2PuBYb6wlcW_Qa_w-9_Sz7MDa2d_5AP_mvvYpzWz2uLrk4dfkrcBNNYCl6Vemk7OeHXme2D_4YXaMxg=w714-h1012-s-no-gm

• Love
Reactions: nosok23
Freeman would have contested that....but you gotta keep him in the game. Fran needs to help Freeman with more double teams instead of putting Freeman on an island. Freeman needs to be smarter...watch some film...those touch fouls he is getting called for are so weak they are total waste.

I agree Braun should have been in for defense. Krikke at the post is waiving white flag on anthing in lane and Sandfort trying to stick with a guard on a switch was a disaster.
Agree with all this…

3 point shooting:

0-4 Payton
0-2 Harding
0-1 PMac
0-1 Krikke
3-6 Rest of team
3-14 (21%) Overall
This whole fantasy that PS can lead this teams offense was people being sold a bill of goods. He's WILDLY inconsistent. He'd be a star at some MAC school, but isn't athletic enough to compete at the B1G level, and my guess is little bro is more of the same exact deal. Good 8-10 minute role player, but not someone who you can count on night in and night out.

That play was a no brainer and he had 10 seconds to see it coming.
It was a simple pick and roll to the ball handlers strong hand. Payton should have hard hedged. Krikke should have taken the roll man and Maryland would have been lucky to even get off the corner three after Krikke made the roll man give up the ball.
That was defending a 4-6th grade play.

Hey Beth. Fran sucks. Time for a change.

And btw there were 7k people there.

Pathetic.

Fran has his fans. He has more fans on this board than what show up at Carver or even post on the board. Womens Bball shows if you have a winner, people come. Having a career 51 percent winning percentage in B1Gand being DOA in ncaa tourney because they don't play defense doesn't bring in a lot of excitement, but yeah, he is better tahn lickliter.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
So many errors at the end there. How do you have those 5 in for a defensive lineup? Lol. Krikke and Sandfort are like watching paint dry on defense

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Sandfort sucked down the stretch…..again. Then again, he sucked the entire game. I expect so much more from an upper classman
I get the strong feeling that Brock and Freeman hate his guts....he would get spotty minutes for any other Big Ten program.... Fran hit the lotto recruiting the Brother Murrays - not so much with other brother combos...

I get the strong feeling that Brock and Freeman hate his guts....he would get spotty minutes for any other Big Ten program.... Fran hit the lotto recruiting the Brother Murrays - not so much with other brother combos...
I think Brock should have been on the bench far more than he was.

How do you let their best player (a lefty) drive left into the lane for a layop with out a double and triple team?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Hit the lotto with them and Luka. Still couldn't make it past opening weekend of the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT